ACT Gridiron (ACTG) is currently seeking expressions of interest for the Coaching Director role. The coaching director is an integral to the leadership and development of coaches across the association. Interested persons should have a passion for coaching, hold a minimum Level 2 Coaching Accreditation and have a good understanding of Gridiron Australia’s (GA) coaching accreditation system.
In addition, applicants should also have good time management and organisational skills; good communication skills, and have the ability to coordinate other volunteers.
Please note this is a voluntary position only and for more information regarding the key responsibilities of the position, please see the Position Description below.
The key responsibilities for the position include (but not limited to):
- The recruitment of suitable members to assist deliver coaching activities within the ACTG in conjunction with the ACTG Executive.
- Oversee the implementation of GA’s coaching accreditation system.
- Provide advice and make recommendations to the ACTG Committee for the overall improvement and development of coaches.
- Liaise with and carry out any directions from GA’s coaching director.
- Represent the Association at relevant GA meetings/events where required.
- Assist in developing information on coaching to disseminate to all Member Clubs and Associations through the ACTG Secretary.
- On request liaise with the ACTG Executive to organise Coaches and Seminars, for Member Clubs and Associations.
- Record successful participants of Accreditation Courses and advise GA.
- Submit to the Association’s Office a report on the coaching activities in the ACTG for publication in the Association’s Annual Report.
- Submit a brief report of the activities to the Executive monthly.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to State Team Coaches where required.
Expressions of Interest should be sent by 5pm Friday the 24th of February 2017 via email to the ACT Gridiron Secretary at email@example.com
All EOIs are to be sent with a cover letter stating:
- Why you would be the best candidate for the position you are applying for
- A detailed breakdown of your coaching and playing experience, and
- Information regarding relevant formal coaching qualifications.
Preferred candidates will be asked to present their coaching plan for 2017 and beyond and be interviewed by the ACT Gridiron Executive to determine suitability for the role. On successful application, a contract of tenure will be negotiated with the winning applicant
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality
For any further information or queries, please contact the ACTG Secretary